mardi 16 juillet 2013

Hammer museum & UNIVERSAL STUDIOS !!

Another pretty busy weekend in the City of Angels!

Friday is always a good day because we finish school early which allows us to go to the beach. Right after school we heard «The Game» (famous singer) was in Santa Monica!! You can imagine myself in a hurry to get there... But unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see him! Can you believe I still haven't seen any celebrities yet! (FML) To console myself I went to the Hammer museum, which is UCLA's offical museum ( the university's museum is almost as good as the MBAM, it's unbelievable).
After our lovely evening at the museum we were pretty hungry! Since we are still kind of new in the neighbourhood and still don't really know all the good places in the area, we decided to go in a random arabic resto-bar to eat something... We arrived at 8pm and the place was empty. A few hours later, Bentleys and fancy dresses started to arrived so we realised that it was THE place to be in Westwood on a friday night!!  We took a drink and a «shisha» and almost felt like we were in Lebanon except for the horrible American country playlist! Lots of fun...


 In Santa Monica with my little sister Cansu ( the prononciation is Janso, she is Turkish)


                                            Marine's face in the back is priceless!! ahaha


               Virginie and Jo



 Hammer museum




 My house ( I wish!)

 Posing like an Asian! lol

 Art at the museum

 Interesting home/garden design

Westwood



 




This picture is for Alexis!

On saturday we decided to go to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS! ( Thanks to my dad's friend we managed to have a good deal for the tickets!) So after just a few hours of sleep we ran to the bus stop heading to Hollywood. I still haven't taken the subway but so far I find the public transportation pretty good! An hour and two buses later we arrived to UNIVERSAL STUDIOS! I really didn't knew what to expect so I was pretty amazed! First of all I didn't knew Wisteria Lane was filmed in studios!! (the city in Desperate housewives!) I was more than happy to see the set!





 UCLA tank top! of course ;)


                                                            The Flingstones car

                                                         Fast and the furious car


                                                                 Mexican set

                                                                     Model

                                                                           Before


                                                                 After

JAWS's set!!




DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES set:
 Gaby's house!!




  We spent 10 hours there and we did basically EVERYTHING!! I loved The simpson's Jurassic Park, The mommy, The transformer... I have been on many sets in Quebec in the past and I must admit that  they are way more advanced than us as far as technology and the humongous amount of money they invest in their movie productions. It is just so impressive!



We saw an amazing performance with Universal's animals actors! I was so suprised to learn that most of their pets are rescued from shelters...

I ended my amazing weekend by studying on campus...

As you can see my grades are pretty good! :)
I'm an A student!













Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire